Saturday, January 17, 2015

OVEN BACON



Things I love: bacon and Martha Stewart.  Things I hate: the way my house stinks after I make bacon in the griddle and cleaning up after.  Thank goodness for Martha!  This isn't so much a recipe as it is a method.  If you like your bacon crispy and want to avoid grease splatter all over your stove top and counters, do as Martha says: Put the bake back in bacon!

It's simple.  Line deep baking sheets with parchment, lay the bacon down without overlapping, bake at 400 for 18 minutes.  I loved everything about it, except I think I'll line the pans with foil next time.  Parchment paper doesn't crumple as nicely as foil, so little droplets of bacon grease ended up on my shirt during clean up.  Oops.

Martha's method: http://www.marthastewart.com/264476/less-mess-bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment